What's new in PaperCut MF 20.1?
So what's to be expected in PaperCut's latest release? In short, smarter printing insights, and new security enhancements! But how are these updates going to drastically improve your print management experience with PaperCut? Lets dive into 20.1 in more detail.
Here’s what’s included in 20.1:
- New data integrations - You can now easily configure PaperCut’s Data Integration platform to export your usage data from PaperCut MF to your 3rd party Business Intelligence tool of choice.
- Spool file encryption for each print job - Spool file encryption ensures that all print jobs are encrypted while they are stored on the disk of the print provider and are waiting to be printed.
- User principal names - Prevent username clashes, unrecognised users, and incorrectly assigned print jobs in multi-domain environments.
PaperCut MF now comes with Data Integrations: a new feature that allows you to export daily usage data from PaperCut MF into various 3rd party tools for - graphics, reporting, business insights, or accounting systems.
Build your own data dashboard through the following steps:
- Choose the datasets (users, printer, print scan and copy usage, accounts, servers) .
- Click historical data export.
- Choose the data output location, then the data is exported in csv format.
- Once the integration is loaded into the PaperCut MF admin console, you can now build a dashboard!
PaperCut also provide pre-built dashboards supported by third party integrations like Intuitive.
Spool File Encryption
Improve your printing environment security
Print security is regularly overlooked. It's why PaperCut is now encrypting your print spool file information when using the PaperCut Print Provider to hold your prints.
This feature is for organisations who are sensitive to print jobs being accessed via the disk. Spool file encryption means that all print jobs are encrypted while they are stored on the disk of the print provider and are waiting to be printed.
With Spool File Encryption enhancements, you can feel at ease that all print jobs you create are encrypted on disk when waiting to be securely released at the MFD.
With this feature, PaperCut are currently supporting Windows OS where the Windows environment must be at least Server 2012.
Multi-domain Support - Active Directory (Out of Percolator)
Prevent username clashes, unrecognised users, and incorrectly assigned print jobs in multi-domain environments by using User Principal Names (UPN). This ensures all usernames are unique
In large multi-domain Active Directory environments you can run in to username clashes when two people from different domains share a SAMAccountName.
PaperCut have introduced support for User Principle Names in Active Directory Multi-domain environments to give users fully qualified names. These names are unique across all domains, eliminating the possibility of username clashes.
New enhancements through continuous delivery
Mobility Print - Cloud Print
New Cloud Print (Beta) is making printing easier over the internet. Recently released is support on Windows, as well as managed and BYOD Chromebooks
Universal Print - Microsoft (PUP Beta program)
Microsoft's new Universal Print cloud-based printing solution is now in Public Preview stage, so if you're running the Microsoft Azure cloud service it requires no onsite servers